It’s “11 Things” time! I’ve had this sitting in my drafts for way longer than I’m comfortable sharing, but today’s the day. Lisa tagged me with her 11 Things post a while back, and I’m finally taking my turn in the hot seat.
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them
Okay!! Here we go..
My 11 Things:
1. My favorite sandwich to make is peanut butter/mayo/lettuce. Sorry to gross you out, I’ve been through those same emotions. But my grandpa really wanted me to try it, so I did, and .. It’s good. Really good.
2. I once took a stats class that had me crying on my way home every week. I also decided not to finish my master’s degree, and this class probably played a part in that (best) decision (ever).
3. I do nebulized breathing treatments every morning & night, & every other month I do one in the afternoon too. Josh calls it my part-time job.
4. I gag easily. Writing that made me feel gaggy.
5. Meringue cookies are my favorite. Actually they’re really the only cookie I like. I’m not much of a cookie person – I’d rather have a piece of freshly baked bread.
6. I’ve never played Angry Birds.
7. I love the library. A few years ago I decided I don’t want to collect books. I love the look of crowded bookshelves, but frankly, I don’t want to own a book I don’t really like. What’s the point? I reserve books, music, movies, whatever I want online with the library, and I don’t have to permanently house these things. It’s a beautiful thing, and it’s free!
8. Sometime in the last 2 years I promoted myself to manager at work. Sure is nice to work for my parents, who accepted the upgrade with a wink and a smile.
9. My heart puddles on the floor whenever I can get our nephew Thomas to sing this with me. LOVE. THAT. KID.
10. Speaking of singing, I can never make it all the way through In Christ Alone without tearing up.
11. The most expensive date Josh & I ever went on was at a restaurant in Disneyland. And I was fresh off of Splash Mountain, drips and all.
OKAY. Now for Lisa’s List!
1. What was your favorite vacation? Honeymoon. It was so fun to finally be able to travel together, just us, and go wherever we wanted. And neither one of us had to go back home at the end of the day!
2. What is your first childhood memory? Something about playing with my dad and brother and our dog in our backyard.. In a clawfoot bathtub? Not reliable. Or exciting.
3. Cats, Dogs, or both? Oh, cats. I love cats.
4. What was the first concert you ever went to? The first one I remember caring about was Ben Harper – remember that, Mark & Jess? I think I was probably like 19, too. Ha.
5. What’s your favorite thing to cook/bake? If I didn’t say crepes here I doubt I’d be able to sleep tonight..
6. If you could time travel to any decade, what would you choose & why? Woah! Fashion-wise? 60’s or 70’s. Furniture-wise? 50’s.. But I’m pretty happy with all of our modern conveniences, to be honest. You won’t find me living in a hut somewhere off the grid!
7. Describe your perfect day off. Book, blanket, treats, friends, and sun.
8. What’s your dream job/career & what was it when you were a kid? It changed monthly when I was little, but in college I wanted to work in the healthcare setting without being a provider.. I wanted to make/market Kid Kit fun packages for hospitals to provide in children’s hospital rooms. Having said that, I can truthfully say that I love my job and where I work, and I’m happy doing what I do.
9. What clothing item is your weakness & you can’t stop buying? Hmm. Probably scarves more than anything? Buying clothes is a weakness of mine if I shop a lot. So I just don’t shop much. It really helps!
10. What’s your favorite holiday? 4th of July! Fireworks! ..And Josh’s birthday!
11. What’s your sign? Not sure. Scorpio?
Aaannnd now I have to come up with 11 questions. Hmm..
1. What’s your biggest time-waster?
2. What’s #1 on your to-do list?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Camping or hotels?
5. What would your life’s “tag line” be?
6. Are you Type A or Type B?
7. Last time you exercised?
8. Name one hobby of yours.
9. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
10. Hardcover book or tablet?
11. What is your favorite flower?
Finally, pass it on!
Since I’m so late in the game, I’m just gonna tag EVERYONE. We’re talking open enrollment here. If you haven’t done this yet, this is your moment. Don’t forget to let me know when you post it so I can read your 11 Things too!